Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tyler Wilkinson GMH

So how is everybody out there in the streeeeeeeeets?! I have been supppppppper MILAH for like the entire 2011 year. I was watching a program yesterday on E! about girls that went missing or something. And I was thinking, it would be soooooooooooo easy for me to go missing, and have nobody even know for maybe like 2 weeks. Well, it would have to be in the summer because my coach would know in like a day, but outside of that, oh yea and school, but outside of that, i could just be gone. I dont know how the whole family could remedy that, for anybody really. Well, I guess everyone else lives close to relatives and stuff. Its very blessing-y to think how big our family is and how we haven't gotten into any drug trouble, serious jail legally trouble, no super bad tragedy for real. Alhamdullilah for that. This family is truly blessed, and I could not imagine having a different one.

So anyway, how has Hasheem been? I have been good. Sometimes I think i'm down and stuff, but I just realize how fortunate life has been to me. I am doing what I love and excelling! Architecture and Track could not be treating me much better than they are right now. I hope there is a bright future ahead of me. I wanna be a Halim man. If you look at it, the Halim men are really doin' it yo. No children yet, but its ok. Its funny, the Halim population is just steadily shrinking in percentage. There used to be like 13. Then mommy and daddy changed last names, Ruqi changed, Shad changed. 8 2nd-Gen Kids were born with diff names. So it used to be 13 of 13, Now its like 9 of 21 or something like that.

So Hasheem, how has being 21 been? Its been crazy maaaaaaan, partying every weekend! Buying all my friends alcohol mayne! Jk, its just another age man. I definitely feel more like an adult-ish i guess. This past year I felt like I grew up more. Held 3 jobs, got my learners permit (shush!), I was a mentor!! for 2 incoming freshman. The only thing really holding me back from feeling like a adult is a car/license. Not just to ride around and stuff, cuz I wouldnt do that with gas prices and all, lol. But for trips, going back home and visiting people and stuff. Being able to just do that without having to consult 31284 people for rides or bus or train stuffs. But its all good, inshallah ill have that luxury one day.

So Hasheem, what's the deal with the title? Well, Tyler was our track and field medical trainer this year. He is a very nice guy and he got a job at some fancy sports medicine place on an island in florida. We were chatting it up one day (yea, cuz im a real person now and can do that, sike! you know how exhausting it is keeping up a conversation with a normal person? geez, normal people don't know how good they have it in that regard, lol) Anyway! we were tlaking and he said he worked really hard and networked like crazy to get his job. And he is so relieved because he is getting married in the fall so he will be able to bring home the bacone'. So, I guess just seeing a real life example of a man make it an take on life after college gives me hope that my dreams are possible, (i mean, they're not that lofty, i just wanna be a good father).

So Hasheem, how was it winning your first ACC Triple Jump title? It was amazing!!!!! I won it on my final attempt. I was getting really hyped up more that usual that day. I was yelling and chattin' with the other jumpers, i feel like its my duty now that im an elder. After I jumped i knew it was a big one and I ran right out of the pit and hugged my coach, my teammate and then kept running and saying YEEEAAAAAHHHH! I was totally not in control of my actions, lol. I think I'm starting to be known as the yelly guy. I yelled and hugged last year when I broke the school record, I yelled and jumped around a couple weeks ago when I got my personal record in the triple jump, and now I yell and scream when I win ACC's. The funniest thing is that im sooooooooooo reserved all the time so when people see me acting like that they must be shocked! But all in all, good fight, goodnight.

So Hasheem, anything else you wanna tell us? Ummmmmm, nah, classes are winding down, summer should be nice and introspective-y, lotta days of walking around nature and attempting to find out who i am. This inner-jihad is raging on yo. So yea, Salaams all of you guys, I miss y'all aLOT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment