Thursday, March 7, 2013

True Realization

The world is really a grind! You cannot make it where you want to go without hard work. I went to a career fair today and realized I really have to take this stuff seriously. People won't know your character without you really expressing yourself Hasheem, and the only thing they can take from that is, "I hope he isn't bs-ing me". I guess I just kind of gave them my resume, talked shortly about school and my idea to enter the construction side of things.

They can't know my work ethic, they can't know my humbleness, honesty, commitment to justice. It's like, even though throughout the past year the big realization was that things aren't just handed to me, I was still just so convinced that once they see an athletic, well-dressed, architecture major, it won't matter what I say to them, they will just fall over themselves to get me on their side. Nope, you really have to have clear goals, experience with the industry, general know-how. You can't just really want to seek knowledge, as I was going with.

But, that is true. I hunger for the knowledge of project managers on construction sites. Reading in a book wouldn't do anything for me, I want in. Next week will be business week. Have a lead or 2 that I will inquire about. Finish my architecture portfolio, iron out my goals for next year and hopefully sit back, smile and relax, knowing I tried my hardest to make my dreams become reality, because the effort has not been there lately Sheem. C/mon man.

Endnote- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment