Saturday, March 28, 2015

Man

I think I'm learning to understand what it is to be a man. You really have to be the creator of your reality. No one will step in and guide you, unless you make the effort to be guided. Things don't just fall into place. They are crafted into place. My professor told me yesterday, there is a lot of luck in life, but you have to be prepared for when the luck comes. 

I am starting to get over my fear of altering the world I live in. If I can trust that I am awesome, then the contributions I make will be awesome and appreciated. And if not? So what, be rejected, you're still awesome when you tuck yourself in at night. 

I submitted my 'Sheem pants' design to a school magazine. Promptly got rejected. But at least someone saw and interpreted my idea, who cares if it's favorable. I submitted an essay to a 'diversity in design' competition. I wrote about lil b....... I don't care about validation as much as dissemination. 

Endnote- I want to love actively. 


No comments:

Post a Comment