Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Podcasting?

Hi.... been gone for a while. Wish I could say I've been deep in my work and thought and crap, nope. Letting myself get swept away by boredom, lack of passion. My guess is I have way too much I want to do, so I rectify it by doing nothing. Sometimes I wish this house wasnt such a fixer upper so I could begin to create things not for the house but just for the heck of it. My dodgeball project has halted AGAIN! Been working on that in spurts since Winter of 2014, jeez. Working on a FP Basketball proposal, been neglecting the design community in Charlotte HARD. And continuing to suck at my job. Jk, I am actually starting to feel a twinge of confidence there now.

Finally have a little more responsibility. It was hard for me to understand the concept of demanding more responsibility. I had a talk with my boss 3 times, and his complaint was that I wasn't 'taking things' enough. It took me months to figure out exactly what I could do daily to head towards this goal. The biggest frustration was finding out which questions to ask. I was in such a fog from July through February about how these houses were being built and how the trades were being managed and how to be a professional. In addition to running around everyday finishing up houses (which is by far the most stressful part of the entire construction process). That last 2% before the house is sold requires you to demand so much from everyone and it took a lot of personality adjustment to become proficient there.

But that is really one of the prime reasons I took the job. I knew I had to get harder. More confident in my mannerisms and speaking patterns. That confidence, I learned, stems from knowledge about the topic. So, slowly (slower than I wanted) I have come upon this confidence. Now, I feel much better making jokes to co-workers. The crazy thing about making jokes is you have to be so versed in something to then turn around and either pretend to be stupid or make fun of it. That is why comedians have such a philosophical back bone. They have to know culture verrrrrrry well.

So, I am slowly coming to where I thought I'd be by winter at my job. I am not at all where I need to be with the Creatives in Charlotte, I need to make real effort there. And my house projects are dragging way behind where I thought they would be. Didn't ever realize how much I hate doing ANYTHING after work. But, like with my fire pit, if I am inspired, I will knock it out ASAP!

Finally tried my hand at Podcast, may be joining a friends podcast group soon if I like it, check it out:

http://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-4tvsj-5f2322

No comments:

Post a Comment