I asked my professor if there was such thing as material honesty today. My outlook on architecture is kinda low right now. Its not bad, Im just looking too close into details of buildings. We're talking about down to an inch of how a window connects to a wood beam. I just need to take a quick breather before getting back to work this weekend, cuz my talk with my professor today has me shook. The good thing is, he has no qualms about my overall design or ideas. Its the architecture that has taken a hit in my mind. Its like when you really look up to somebody, then find out they beat their wife....OK Hasheem, its not that bad, its a tiny tiny detail on a window or a floor joist. But the problem is, I love the idea of designing from that and celebrating those things throughout the building. And the minute I am celebrating a 'pretend' joint or connection, I totally lose my commitment to material honesty and structural beauty through architecture. Arrrrrgh! I love that I'm so worked up about this!!!! It means I have passion!!!
Endnote- What is destiny?
Look at u, oh so passionate!
ReplyDelete