Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday

22 years old, still don't feel like I'm qualified to be 20, at least in life achievements, but what are those but just importances. I am alive. It snowed really hard today in Ohio. I am at a track meet here. I didn't do as well as I wanted to, but it was because i hit my ankle weird and am limping now. At least I got to wake up to some real snow. Later in the night some of my teammates and I went sledding at the hotel. I felt my childhood come back to me!!!! We met some people from a different team. It was so cool. It's like, we aren't so different. We just take different paths in life but can still act like we have been friends for years. Went back and hot-tubbed in the hotel. It would have been much better if I had done well in triple jump, but it was ok. Hopefully I am not seriously injured, but if I am oh well, I still love life.

I had an amazing 21st year. It was a year of loss. I lost a girl. Lost my wallet. Lost my never having been International. Lost my never having won a college meet. Lost my never have one an ACC championship, both individual and team. Lost multiple hats, pencils, ID cards. And a bunch of other things.

I don't really care for my birthday, I'd rather have it not acknowledged, but I am super happy to hear people go out of their way to wish me well. That is ALWAYS appreciated. Back to not having any time other than track and architecture, Salaams!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday brother, hope your 22nd year is a year of gains.

    ReplyDelete