A guy and a girl stopped me today as I was going to studio. They were part of a campus ministry, non-denominational Christians. They asked me the usual would you be interested in our prayer group kinda stuff. Part of me was hoping they were ask me something cool, like, do you want to revolutionize small talk?! Ahhhh, a man can dream right? Anyway, they asked me if I wanted to join and I said no. They asked why, I said I don't know. And I really didn't know. We shouldn't be so averse to learning. To say, no, I'm good, I have my religion or say I don't want to because I don't believe in that isn't good enough for me anymore. You never know what you could learn from any experience you have. I tweeted a couple days/weeks back something like that. Our convictions and our mental strength has to be strong enough to gain knowledge from things we don't even agree with. There is opportunities to further your self development anywhere and everywhere.
But anyway, I turned the tables and started asking them what they believe in and stuff. They said it was pretty much just Bible, no traditions. Kinda like my Christian friend that tried to convert me, lol! I don't know if I will show up or not. I think it would be interesting to witness a Christian prayer session. And it would contribute to my 'Citizen Sheem' effort.
What that is is, I am going to become a resident of Blacksburg. I'm going to hopefully be here for the next 3 years, I may as well become a neighbor and stuff. Maybe even fulfill one of my life goals of being a 'family friend'. Yea, I'm stupid. When the fall starts, I am going to shop at the farmers market if I'm rich enough, go to town events, join some Blacksburg town club or some crap. Citizen Sheem!
Endnote - It is hot these days, can't wait to watch the Olympic Trials!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment