Hola, bebe, que fue de usted, no sale hace tiempoooo, hola, que fue, dime que fue........
So I was talking to my good friend R Beezy today and we were talking about how people are versus how we perceive them. We had this discussion before but this time it was more how we personally see people. I was talking about how I always feel cheated because I see people positively until proven otherwise, so therefore inversely, they treat me positively so I am only to assume that people are good. He sees people in a much more skeptical way, so therefore he has more clashes with people and can say from those experiences how people really are. I have always felt cheated by this conundrum.
So, is it because we perceive a person to be friendly, that we treat them friendly, and therefore we have no reason to think they aren't? Unless they are completely not. But even if they are just middle of the road, our perception will sway them over to being friendly in our mind. That's what is killing me.
Then Ronnie talked about another good friend of mine, somebody who I consider one of the best people I have met, he had such a slant on what he thought about her. A whole reality he perceived that I completely did not. And it made me feel so stupid that I couldn't see it his way, whether or not I believe it, why couldn't I at least consider it?
How do we remove perception and arrive at reality? Is it impossible because of our importances? morals? past experiences?
The next thing I was thinking about is, can we meet someone new and extract their reality from them purely? How do we enable purism in others?
Say we meet someone on the street, how can I have a conversation with them and accurately get them to manifest their true character? Is it like a shot in the dark? How to hit that spark in them that makes them effortlessly spew out their soul?
Maybe it is near impossible because we all put on a neutral shield when small talking with people. Weather, sports, traffic.... I don't think people readily delve into personal stuff with a stranger. But it doesn't really have to be personal, so much as just revealing. Maybe its like small talk needs to be bigger. More risky. More opinionated.
Endnote- So apparently that is my personal summer research- How to Make Small Talk Mean Something
No comments:
Post a Comment