Thursday, April 18, 2013

YDI

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Just a day after posting such a depression blog about my failure, I get an email today stating that I will be honored at the Architecture Awards Ceremony next friday! I have wanted this for so long. While I appreciate all of the accolades that I achieved during my track career, I have always hungered for respect in the architecture world. My goal this year, since I didn't have track, was to become a much better architecture student. No more will I have the nagging fear that I'm not cut out for this, or that I'm just not getting it. It is crazy how much others' recognition means to someone who professes self satisfaction. No man can really be an island. I have a long theory about this that I'll expound on later, but for now, I am ecstatic!

1 comment:

  1. yayyy, great job Sheem!!!! That makes my heart so happy to hear how much it means to you to be recognized. You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete