You know, I have always been different from the average person. Much of it coming up was structural. Its been explained before, black in a white town, muslim in a christian country, 1 of 11 kids. Even without this structure I think I would have become as weird as I am today.
But, as of this moment, I am done talking about it. I don't wanna joke about it or take any more flack for it. It is all good and fine, but at this point I don't think it is in a positive light with my friends and family. It has started to feel like I am being shamed for doing the things that I enjoy. And it is really bringing me down. I just want to live the life I like. I am not offended by the jokes, I am just at a point where I no longer want to entertain those conversations.
The problem I have with it is the assumption that a mainstream frame of life is correct, let alone exists. Having to spend my time analyzing and sizing up my life in contrast with a husk of an idea is hindering my exploration. As long as I can feed myself, I can disregard that. I have seen many places around the world and have met friends from all walks of life. I have experienced the vibration that humanity strives for. All I am doing is finding how my body and mind naturally arrive at this vibration. And as of this moment, the most satisfied I am is when I can build my idea from a sketch to a product. That moment when I can hold in my hand something I thought of, is the most powerful feeling I have had in life so far. I strive to get very accurate with that idea to product trail. I guess it is like having a child.
I have a distant friend that has recently been tapped to be a major player in designing Adidas new Yeezy's. It is almost disgusting to me all the praise from the woodwork that he is getting now (including me). Just thinking of all the doubters that discourage until you are super good at what you do is frustrating. Why waste that energy being negative? I can see really trying to investigate the ideas I am trying to push and suggesting things, but mockery and shaming is not going to be part of it anymore.
Sadly, it is very hard to find dreamers anymore. If the idea isn't sexy, it is hard to find people that are encouraged simply from the fact that I am putting energy towards an idea. The question 'why not?' seems to be met with solutions of apathy and letting things be the way they are for the sake of letting it be the way it is.
I knew creatives were hard to find, but I didn't think it would be this cold.
Endnote - Excited and encouraged for what's next
But, as of this moment, I am done talking about it. I don't wanna joke about it or take any more flack for it. It is all good and fine, but at this point I don't think it is in a positive light with my friends and family. It has started to feel like I am being shamed for doing the things that I enjoy. And it is really bringing me down. I just want to live the life I like. I am not offended by the jokes, I am just at a point where I no longer want to entertain those conversations.
The problem I have with it is the assumption that a mainstream frame of life is correct, let alone exists. Having to spend my time analyzing and sizing up my life in contrast with a husk of an idea is hindering my exploration. As long as I can feed myself, I can disregard that. I have seen many places around the world and have met friends from all walks of life. I have experienced the vibration that humanity strives for. All I am doing is finding how my body and mind naturally arrive at this vibration. And as of this moment, the most satisfied I am is when I can build my idea from a sketch to a product. That moment when I can hold in my hand something I thought of, is the most powerful feeling I have had in life so far. I strive to get very accurate with that idea to product trail. I guess it is like having a child.
I have a distant friend that has recently been tapped to be a major player in designing Adidas new Yeezy's. It is almost disgusting to me all the praise from the woodwork that he is getting now (including me). Just thinking of all the doubters that discourage until you are super good at what you do is frustrating. Why waste that energy being negative? I can see really trying to investigate the ideas I am trying to push and suggesting things, but mockery and shaming is not going to be part of it anymore.
Sadly, it is very hard to find dreamers anymore. If the idea isn't sexy, it is hard to find people that are encouraged simply from the fact that I am putting energy towards an idea. The question 'why not?' seems to be met with solutions of apathy and letting things be the way they are for the sake of letting it be the way it is.
I knew creatives were hard to find, but I didn't think it would be this cold.
Endnote - Excited and encouraged for what's next
No comments:
Post a Comment