Back to the track today to watch my teammate compete in the long jump. Since it was Saturday, there was going to be alot more people in the stands. But the only events going on for the morning session were going to be the Long Jump and the Decathlon Long Jump. Half the seats were still PACKED!!!! These people traveled far for this event man, they were gonna get their moneys worth. I get on the bus and guess who walks on a couple minutes later? EVORA! So i craft a plan to take a picture of him as we are both walking to the stands. Apparently, this entire China trip has just become "Stalk Evora". SO we get to the stadium and as life would have it, Evora was walking with his friend not 2 paces in front of me. I could have easily tapped him on the shoulder and got a pic, but nah. Let the moment pass. The seating was really crowded, so I went to sit somewhere away from my beloved Evora, lol. That was the last time I saw him. Hasheem, what a missed opportunity, I thought we weren't going to miss those anymore guy?
Anyway, as I was sitting in my obscure seat, I met an Asian kid, specifically Chinese. Duh. He speaks really good English. We talk about our countries and stuff. He said him and his mom traveled 12 hours to come see these games. While we were talking his mom went and got us some cokes to drink. That's so cool, i love moms. He said he was from the place where the term 'china' was coined to describe porcelain. Cool Beans!!!! He even had a bracelet made up of small pieces of porcelain cubes. After we were going our separate ways, he gave it to me. What a great souvenir! What a cool guy. I told his mother thanks and goodbye in Chinese, since she didn't understand any English.
Afterwards, we went to a place in downtown Shenzhen called "Window of the World". Btw, we had a tour guide on the bus with us going to Shenzhen telling us all the interesting stuff about Shenzhen and Chinese culture. He said the city was 1 hour wide and 3 hours long. Jeez Louise. But its more like they call Metro Atlanta, just Atlanta, because everything was pretty spread out. He talked to us about the 1 child policy in China. In the country you can have 2 children as long as the first one is a female. And a man can have more than one baby momma, but not the other way around obvi, cuz then they would have more than one child. This caused a ruckus kinda, with the people on the bus lol. Womens rights and all that. He talked about alot of interesting things, like the school system. How he met his wife. He told of a ethnic group in China called "women's country". They were society where there were no fathers. Kinda like black America. Oooooohhh, burn! Jk, but the way they did it was, a girl and guy meet at a club or something. If she leaves her window open later, he comes and they mate. Then the guy never sees her again, and her and her mother raise the baby. And it is a female dominated society in general. So if you like girl power, you should move there.
Anyway, back to "Window of the World". It was a park with crazy scaled detail buildings from every region of the world. They had a scale Niagara Falls, maybe like an eighth of the size. They had pyramids, Cathedrals, the entire Manhattan at a scale!!!! It was crazy! I would really like to know how they built all the little buildings in Manhattan because all I do in school is build scale buildings. After we saw all the buildings, they had a show in the Hawaii part. They did dances and such, involved some of our VI people, it was pretty fun. Then we all got on stage and did some shimmies. Took pictures, all that jazz. There was like a camera crew following us around, just to get footage of the Athletes enjoying Shenzhen. (It seemed like there was official cameras everywhere. Every time something popped off, someones expensive camera would pop up and record, at the most random places.) So that was fun, huge huge huge park with so many super detailed buildings, designed for the people who cant travel the world to see all the sites from home.
Later on that night we went to some Beer place. Oops, what is Hasheem doing there? I didn't know we were going there. So I just sat around and watched drunk Europeans be Europeans. Interesting night, all ill say. Hopefully I wont have to ever deal with the problems of alcohol consumption. Salaams.
Nice blogs Sheem Shong. Good to know you enjoyed yourself.
ReplyDelete