Today I was watching a news story about Nnamdi Ashomugha, and they were discussing how he gives back to the community. He does this program where he helps low income kids that are bright get into top universities. One of the kids had so much against her, and she had to raise her younger brother for 6 years who had down syndrome or something. And then she said, "I couldn't believe it, things like this don't happen to me" talking about getting into college.
Just then, I had a huge upwelling of emotion just course through my body. I felt like crying for her. But then the fuse shorted out and I was stagnant again. I wanted it so bad, to empathize and just feeeeel for someone else. I wish I could have just cried for like 10 minutes. I'm not sad, it just felt so good to have a range of emotion. I have gotten so severely grey as of late.
Endnote- Quick blog, busy as usual, have lots to blog about but later i promise, like next week later
No comments:
Post a Comment