Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Oops

I think I just accidentally disproved Purism (in its current sense, Purism will never die!!). The main premise of Purism is 'calculated impulse'. And the way to find your impulse is to strip down all of your Importances, References, and Experiences and find out how they are effecting you and find out what is essential in your spirit. Now, this is all super personal, Purism dictates that no outside force such as a person should swing your impulses, because that is reference.

But I have realized that no man is an island. Like in the sense that you can't learn to judge yourself without experiencing humans, so you have direction on how to judge your, using them as references. No matter if you care what they think or not, you have to have derived your system of judgement from somewhere. And where better than humans? It would be silly to base your actions relative to an apple. Even if you were to send a baby into the woods to live, if they somehow survived, they would grow up and judge themselves based on the most similar creature to them, like a monkey or something. Or maybe a collection of animals grouped together to form 'human'. That would be cool, that should be a movie, called Purist Tarzan - A Quest of Self. I'm stupey.

So where does this leave my beloved way of life? I still have to find the point source of my judgements, evaluate them and crap like that. This Purism disturbance would render the thought of 'no references' useless because there are necessary references, collapsing a whole lot in its path. Man Hasheem, you suck.

Endnote - Everything is crumbling, I can't even have my Purism anymore :(

No comments:

Post a Comment