That is it. That is where the line between "right" and "wrong" is for me. Nothing else. Embrace your animal, embrace your ideas, explore your limits. Realize how relative and unique your idea of self is.
I've noticed an issue with those I associate myself with that has been quite opposite of my intentions. I have strived to be someone very accepting and non judging of others, someone you can feel comfortable talking about anything with. But what I have noticed frequently is that my friends only come to me in what they see as a positive light. Only highlighting accomplishments or problems where they look 'good'. And that's ok I guess, but with various people I notice they talk about real stuff and their real thoughts that they aren't sure are good or bad with other friends, unfiltered. I've known this for years but I guess I thought I formed stronger friendships since then, but people still put their 'best' face on for me.
Ha! Jokes on them, their best face would just be their true face. So I'm not getting that. I think most of my relationships are surface, postured as deep and intriguing.
It is a compliment in a way, but it shouldn't be. I guess since the advent of Purism, I have been trying to solve how to encourage a truthful atmosphere without dictating it. Still haven't figured out how, simply being truthful towards others doesn't seem to gain as much as I thought.
Endnote- But I know everyone has their own struggles and shame, I as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment