Who I am - 3 Doors Down. Great song. Anywho,
I have recently been feeling strange. I guess I am always feeling strange. Like I want the present to be different. I want to be in flow with it. And sometimes I feel it and most times not. I get this gnawing feeling when I engage in conversation and I can't get the person to understand my point, or I don't understand the person's point. My goal is to harness how to perfectly communicate. I think that being able to do that, you are in flow with the universe and present in whatever situation you are. Imagine being able to word your sentences in a way that is so perfect, the other person will feel like they were thinking it. And that would happen because you would be based enough to know the person through context clues and hints and also from the current conversation. That is why small talk is valid. It's the tone, the speed, the eye movement, the hand gestures, and also how certain words come out that offer the hints as to what the person is really saying.
The words we say are only metaphors for our thoughts.
And recently, I have been having many conversations about beliefs I have and why. And what generally happens is that I come off as shocking up front, so the receiver goes into attack mode or shuts me off as crazy. I get laughed at a lot by friends for saying things I truly believe. But I understand why, I always lean in with the conclusion to a very long study of a topic first, then try to explain, and I have learned that I am a pretty terrible story teller. Too impatient with the details/ when I do try to go into slow details some people will cut me off and try to add in and help along. So the story has a bunch of holes in it, leaving the conclusion looking ridiculous. I think this problem stems from me not really caring to be combative in conversation. Conversations are hard mayne, it is really a tussle to get words in a lot of times, and most times I just quit after being cut off 2 or 3 times. Next topic.
So, this blog is poorly written, just like my theories. I am just saying the reason I get this strange feeling is because I am struggling with communicating my existence with others. And if no one else (human or non-human, animate or inanimate) knows your existence does it exist.
Endnote- Excited for BBQ!
I have recently been feeling strange. I guess I am always feeling strange. Like I want the present to be different. I want to be in flow with it. And sometimes I feel it and most times not. I get this gnawing feeling when I engage in conversation and I can't get the person to understand my point, or I don't understand the person's point. My goal is to harness how to perfectly communicate. I think that being able to do that, you are in flow with the universe and present in whatever situation you are. Imagine being able to word your sentences in a way that is so perfect, the other person will feel like they were thinking it. And that would happen because you would be based enough to know the person through context clues and hints and also from the current conversation. That is why small talk is valid. It's the tone, the speed, the eye movement, the hand gestures, and also how certain words come out that offer the hints as to what the person is really saying.
The words we say are only metaphors for our thoughts.
And recently, I have been having many conversations about beliefs I have and why. And what generally happens is that I come off as shocking up front, so the receiver goes into attack mode or shuts me off as crazy. I get laughed at a lot by friends for saying things I truly believe. But I understand why, I always lean in with the conclusion to a very long study of a topic first, then try to explain, and I have learned that I am a pretty terrible story teller. Too impatient with the details/ when I do try to go into slow details some people will cut me off and try to add in and help along. So the story has a bunch of holes in it, leaving the conclusion looking ridiculous. I think this problem stems from me not really caring to be combative in conversation. Conversations are hard mayne, it is really a tussle to get words in a lot of times, and most times I just quit after being cut off 2 or 3 times. Next topic.
So, this blog is poorly written, just like my theories. I am just saying the reason I get this strange feeling is because I am struggling with communicating my existence with others. And if no one else (human or non-human, animate or inanimate) knows your existence does it exist.
Endnote- Excited for BBQ!
No comments:
Post a Comment