Friday, August 28, 2015

Things

Things are

It's interesting to think about our desires, and the why. We each are bound by a time-space. How much of our desires are because of our place in this continuum? In example, if there was a profession that made money where you eat leaves. All of a sudden people can say they were born for it. Maybe I should wait to blog when I have more time, but I want to get the tip of this idea down.

The idea of a house is largely based on the perception of what a home should be. The programmed rooms in a house are predictive of how the homeowner wants to live. How much do we give away in the pursuit of comfort? If we weren't told to share a bed with our wives, would we? The houses are designed for this purpose. There is morality to design. Suppositions galore. It was pretty frustrating during my thesis year trying to get this across. Most people, even professors, we're all for innovation and pushing the envelope until it concerned ideas of morality. I proposed changing the way people live, sleep, have relations with others. I was told 'you can't do that'. Architecture doesn't extend there. It clearly does! Why are bathrooms in houses? Who's idea was it to put a place to eat? We don't put places to drive cars around in houses.

Which then of the program our your world will you deny?

What things do we do are important enough to be included in the idea of home? What to exclude? Are we so similar in our various time-space that program is really and truly fixed? I say no. Some people are gay. Some people are polyamourous, some only like cats. Why then do we force the gentry  to choose monogamy and child rearing? There is so much morality in our world, that is being slowly seeped into our decisions and ideas of ourselves.

This is getting abstract. This is a very early run on this idea. It kind of ties back into the 1 way conversation I had mentioned in one of my design blogs. There is really only one path to being accepted within society. Have the job, the house, the stability in general. Be a safe thing and we will invest in you. That's the rule. I've become the safe thing. It doesn't feel nice. It feels expected and assumptive.

I just haven't figured out how to be anything else.

Endnote - I don't like the city, everyone just tries to eff you, so in turn you just have to eff everyone else. It's got me barbaric. I don't like the homeless beggars, you give them money and your just another number for them. It's alienation in every direction. We become robots for cash. It's disgusting that I can feel safe about not getting robbed only when I have nothing of value. Why arent people out to rob my happiness? Only my electronics and my cash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment