Endnote- baking good homemade sandwich bread has eluded me for the 6th time in 3 months, probably time to switch recipes
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Comienza
So, I begin the real world this week. I can't wait until October when I'm in a groove hopefully. I got a job at a construction materials testing place. My task will be to go to different construction sites around the New River Valley and test concrete strength, masonry, structural steel, reinforcement bars etc. I am so excited because my wish for this year was to be a construction worker, but for this job I can go to multiple sites and my boss says they'll try to get me to more various places because I'm an architecture student. I have to get so many certifications, it will be so cool to know stuff and actually have credentials to my name. Another cool thing is I get to drive Vitalee to sites sometimes, it gets to stretch it's legs and be in a truck environment. Will be fun to have a real 8-5 of real mans work! Jk women can do it to but they generally don't. They said ill keep a diary and eventually will work independently on job sites talking to project managers and superintendents. Should build my confidence tremendously, I've never felt like I knew anything and after this year I should feel something. Plus I usually have trouble coming across as confident when talking to men, now I will be forced to get better at that and be assertive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment