This week back has been so unliving. I am in such a defined turning point in my life.
Here's why:
-I am waiting to hear about an Architect job in Blacksburg
-I have to buy a car, which will probably be a truck, hopefully a Ford Ranger
-I have to move to a new place by August 1
-My computer spazzed out so I have to install everything again
-My luggage from Russia seriously hasn't come back yet, it was detained in Russia for 'security reasons'
I came back from Russia ready to begin my new job pretty much 95% sure it was guaranteed based on my legendary interview with Alan the draftsman in the bar. So I come to Blacksburg with just a backpack and get sick for the weekend. At least it gives me a chance to reset my sleeping schedule. I call Alan Monday, no answer, leave a message. Feel terrible all day because wtf, this wasn't supposed to happen. Call Alan again first thing on Tuesday, nope. Somehow still have a job at the farm, get called to work in greenhouse. Agonize the rest of the day about a call back.
Wednesday morning, Alan called! He said they were really busy and do need a new hire. The boss looked at my portfolio and liked it and says he wants to meet me. He said he would call soon. Apparently soon didn't mean this week. So I am thinking, he definitely is interested in me joining the team, he has seen my work so he knows my skills, so I guess for the interview I just need to show hard-working tendencies? Idk but I would REALLY want to know so I can start living again.
I think I want a truck because I can't get a better car than the Milan, I really liked that car. And any other comparable car is meh to me. So since I can't have better, I want different. Plus, I think it'll help to have a truck in the construction/architecture industry. Plus, I didn't really use my back seats that much. A family seems far away at the moment. Trucks just scream utility! Purpose! Maybe which is what I am searching for personally. I want to get a nice plain truck and have funds to make it last.
This bag situation is so frustrating. Going through security was much less humiliating than the Europe trip where I was body searched 4 times and had all my bags marked with bright orange stickers. Those french people made me hate my name for a moment. How dare they. The Russians didn't make me get quite there, but it was embarrassing traveling with the VI people and having them wait for me as I get pulled into a security room in NYC and wait for 30 mins for my bag to NOT come. Went to the main Aeroflot, Russian Airline, desk and they had me file a lost luggage thing. 4 hours later I go to some other office and they tell me it has been stopped in Russia for security reasons and I will be getting it in the mail!?! So I call them on Wednesday (5 days later) because my bag hadn't come yet, these jokers hadn't sent it out yet. So it is coming on Monday?! So I have been underwearless and beltless for a week.
Moving is so tricky. My roommate was waiting to hear about a job in Blacksburg also this week for a pharmacy position. Looks like he didn't get it but he hasn't heard anything back. So I am not sure if would stay in BBurg and get a lesser job or bounce. I was thinking about moving to Northern Virginia if I didn't get this job, but I will not know until next week, and there are some construction jobs around here opening up, so I think I will stay. I am the type of person to plan things out 6 months ahead of time so this has me going crazy. Hopefully the dust will clear this time next week and I will be hunky dory.
Endnote - Isn't it a crime that we have to use a language that we didn't create ourselves to organize our thoughts?
Here's why:
-I am waiting to hear about an Architect job in Blacksburg
-I have to buy a car, which will probably be a truck, hopefully a Ford Ranger
-I have to move to a new place by August 1
-My computer spazzed out so I have to install everything again
-My luggage from Russia seriously hasn't come back yet, it was detained in Russia for 'security reasons'
I came back from Russia ready to begin my new job pretty much 95% sure it was guaranteed based on my legendary interview with Alan the draftsman in the bar. So I come to Blacksburg with just a backpack and get sick for the weekend. At least it gives me a chance to reset my sleeping schedule. I call Alan Monday, no answer, leave a message. Feel terrible all day because wtf, this wasn't supposed to happen. Call Alan again first thing on Tuesday, nope. Somehow still have a job at the farm, get called to work in greenhouse. Agonize the rest of the day about a call back.
Wednesday morning, Alan called! He said they were really busy and do need a new hire. The boss looked at my portfolio and liked it and says he wants to meet me. He said he would call soon. Apparently soon didn't mean this week. So I am thinking, he definitely is interested in me joining the team, he has seen my work so he knows my skills, so I guess for the interview I just need to show hard-working tendencies? Idk but I would REALLY want to know so I can start living again.
I think I want a truck because I can't get a better car than the Milan, I really liked that car. And any other comparable car is meh to me. So since I can't have better, I want different. Plus, I think it'll help to have a truck in the construction/architecture industry. Plus, I didn't really use my back seats that much. A family seems far away at the moment. Trucks just scream utility! Purpose! Maybe which is what I am searching for personally. I want to get a nice plain truck and have funds to make it last.
This bag situation is so frustrating. Going through security was much less humiliating than the Europe trip where I was body searched 4 times and had all my bags marked with bright orange stickers. Those french people made me hate my name for a moment. How dare they. The Russians didn't make me get quite there, but it was embarrassing traveling with the VI people and having them wait for me as I get pulled into a security room in NYC and wait for 30 mins for my bag to NOT come. Went to the main Aeroflot, Russian Airline, desk and they had me file a lost luggage thing. 4 hours later I go to some other office and they tell me it has been stopped in Russia for security reasons and I will be getting it in the mail!?! So I call them on Wednesday (5 days later) because my bag hadn't come yet, these jokers hadn't sent it out yet. So it is coming on Monday?! So I have been underwearless and beltless for a week.
Moving is so tricky. My roommate was waiting to hear about a job in Blacksburg also this week for a pharmacy position. Looks like he didn't get it but he hasn't heard anything back. So I am not sure if would stay in BBurg and get a lesser job or bounce. I was thinking about moving to Northern Virginia if I didn't get this job, but I will not know until next week, and there are some construction jobs around here opening up, so I think I will stay. I am the type of person to plan things out 6 months ahead of time so this has me going crazy. Hopefully the dust will clear this time next week and I will be hunky dory.
Endnote - Isn't it a crime that we have to use a language that we didn't create ourselves to organize our thoughts?
Thanx for sharing pics and your thoughts and your trip Fezlee! Is that Regina with the red vest on...lol?
ReplyDeleteLol! I don't know which picture you are referencing, maybe. I forgot I blogged about that, lol
Delete