Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Real Things

Art holds us back from achieving a true completion. Music, theatre, painting, sport, fashion, is all negative in that regard. Those are all outlets for unfulfilled existences. Pablo Picasso says 'art is the lie that reveals the truth'. And that is where I am coming from. Imagine if there were no diversions such as 'fun' whatever that is. No concerts, no art museums, no Super Bowl. Just your duties in life that were able to fulfill you. I hypothesize that if everyone were truly fulfilled they would not care about that Nicki Minaj album that just dropped, or the Kobe game last night. I imagine a complete society where clothing is simply the fabric that is necessary. No logos, graphics, or any of that sort.

This is where purism has begun to outpace my reality and my true desires. I want to wear a shirt with a dragon on it! I want to be amazed at how far a person can throw a javelin! I want to appreciate artwork! I want 'fun'.

All of this is predicated on the thought that art is a lie. Purism strives for truth, clear cut reality. That is why I will strive to be more frank and honest on this blog, propelling me to be even more honest in real life. A friend raised the point that not lying is not good enough. Covering truths that would alter people's perceptions is just as bad. The weight of a lie is too much too even realize. You are altering the recipients reality and sending them into perceptionville by force! The chutzpah!

Maybe I need real responsibilities in my life to keep me grounded. I should get a baby momma, lol.

My thoughts on love being a beauty have been eroding. I feel like there is so much convenience in relationships. How could you ever extract the pure feelings? Imagine being the only 2 people on an island, you will begin to love that person. They will inevitably become part of your existence, you will feel like they are a part of you. Idk, I'm just ranting, it is 2am here and I have tremendous trouble going to sleep every night. As the minutes tick by, I get more and more frustrated.

So I fell in love with our Russian guide, regina, the other day. Each team is assigned a guide that speaks Russian and the visiting country's language. The thing about her, somebody I don't know mind you, is that I see an immaculate combination of rock solid confidence with complete knowledge of her true place in the world, aka not cocky. The way she says "hey" blows mind! It is the perfect example, said with so much truth, no forcing it, while still being so controlled. This sounds completely ridiculous. The way she walks, exact same thing, each step deliberate, but not trying to make a statement, truly moving with the sole intention to get from place to place.

But this is the exact reason I fell out of love with her the minute I woke up the next day, I don't know this chick from Sam! What I was doing was lumping so much of what I wanted to see into someone who is most likely not that way, just another person trying to get by. But the frustrating thing is, if this was in Blacksburg, or even DC, of course I'd pursue it. KNOWING I won't see this person again after these 2 weeks just makes it pointless. I was mad at life for doing this to me. But you could always be a romantic and say, 'make life what you want, love will find a way'. But sometimes, c'mon, leave this girl alone and let her live her life.

I think I felt how love, no, more like intrigue doesn't have to be convenient, so I can see its a beauty again.

Endnote- so, this blog was all everywhere. I am just trying to find out what everything is, and since everything is connected, that's what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment