Friday, July 12, 2013

Existence/Russia 10

I am beginning to crack existence I think. Generally we try to climb stairs to become more and more protected from ceasing to exist. To distance ourself from that unimaginable, therefore frightening concept. So, once we take care of our physical existence, having food, water, shelter, we then seek more meta existential permanence. That is where we find our occupation, our place in society. Because once we can influence others, we begin to live through them. On the same tick, that is where our hard wiring for sex and offspring come in. We recognize that our bodies will deteriorate, but we can genetically be carried on in another generation. We have supreme influence on these spawns so that is why parents care so much about how they turn out because we exist in them a great deal. 

But the problem is, instead of climbing stairs away from non existence, we are simply climbing looping stairs like in an Escher drawing. No matter how much of our meta existence we have, the light is fading unstoppably once we stop physically existing. Nothing we do can get us away from that. Even if you have a great life and get a statue in the city center, in 200 years only obscure historians will know, and fewer will care. 

So what is the solution? 

Endnote - ships passing in the night, I like to think of the ships AND water as people. The ships are people that are just these big movements of thought and surety. They barely see each other, and when they do they keep moving. I think we are all ships though, in different arenas. And I think we all just pass in the night. We just shine a light on each other for different durations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment