Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 1: Blacksburg Chillin'

Hey everyone, its Hasheem of course. Been meaning to have like a truly daily blog during summer, hopefully i'll be committed to this. The Summer has been verrrrrrry good to me so far. I got to nationals and accomplished my goal of becoming an All-American and i set a personal record in the triple jump. I was kinda mad that I didn't nab the school record, off by 3 cm, but hey, as I always say, "A pr is a pr yoze!" I got an email a couple days a ago alerting me that the Virgin Islands wants me to travel with them to the University Games in Shenzen China. CHINA!!!!!!! The other side of the world! Its at the very end of Augsut, from the 12th to the 23rd. I would have to miss the 1st 2 days of school, but I am soooooooooooo geeked. It cuts off time I would spend home, but I can still squueze about a 4 weeks in at home. Im sure thatll over stay my welcome. KIDDING!!

But anyway, I am travelling to the USA Championships in Oregon this week inshallah, if I am accepted into the meet. It will be a really fantastic atmosphere to watch the verrrrry best US athletes compete. Im just hoping to PR, lol, keep warm for the meet in Puerto Rico in July. I am soooooooooo geeked for that (yea, i say geeked now). Reggaeton central yo!!!! I wanna see a Reggaeton concert so bad there. Inshallah.

People keeps making fun of me, (i remember when i used to say "make front of me" like they were copying the front of me or something, lol) anyway, people keep making fun of me for saying Oregon like its a shape. Like pentagon, or hexagon... Oregon! Its not spelled oregIN yall!

So anyway, life is okay right now, i have stopped self-loathing so much, and feel more productive lately. So alhamdullilah to that. Salaams everyone, see you tomorrow hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment