Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 5: Taco Night

Woke up, slept thru Fajr again, meaning no 'fajr wisdom' for the 3rd day in a row. Now im 40% since i started. My peeps think i stopped prolly. But then again, I prolly dont have peeps. Cleaned up the fridge today. That was scary. Alot of that stuff had been sitting in there since at least January. Lotta mold and crap. So I've made up my mind that I will try to have as few leftovers as possible and if I do, mark it down for lunch the next day or something. Lunch will be leftover time. I remember as a kid, when me and Ali used to go over to Sister Sajidah's house to play with Mujahid and Akil, they had organized Lunch. It was so weird and cool to me! To sit down and everybody eat lunch.

But anyway, wasted my whole day away on this garbage laptop not doing anything productive. Meh. Finalized the pre-draft labor negotiations within the last hour, gotta ship them off to Chris so he can input his 2cents about his team. Hopefully we'll do skype or something, thatll be more exciting.

Made tacos for dinner, Totally home brewed yo. Cut up some beef chunks too kinda make groundish beef. Put my seasonings in and added some brownsugar-y baked beans. Made the rice, cut up a tomato, cut up some lettuce, put some salsa in the cut up tomato to give it some zip. As I was actually putting the Taco's together, I wanted to add my special block of Pepper Jack cheese to it, but then I noticed it growing facial hair. So I had to throw it out. Then I was about to add some "Taco Cheese", I started adding it, but then since I had been wading thru past spoiled food all day, I checked to see when the "best by" date was. April 2011! So i tried to remove the cheese best i could. So, cautiously ate tacos for dinner.

I sat down to read Quran today. Sad to say, but this was the first time since I've been home that I REALLY sat down and took in the translation and explanation of the Quran. I guess I got used to being either in the architecture studio or at the track or sleep that I squeezed that out. And now that I have this free time, Im still not used to doing certain things, but thats gonna change. Hopefully because I am telling this blog, so now i feel obligated to.

This also goes for salaat. I havent made a nice peaceful relaxed salaat in a very long time. Used to rushing before practice or class or before bed. And I need to stop delaying salaat. The not good reason is because I always tell myself I'll do work after I make salaat. So what happens is, I surf the net or watch TV cuz that doesnt count as 'work' and then finally make salaat. Then finally start on my work hours later. I make way too many excuses with my own self. From now on, Salaat when the adhan comes on mister!!!! And relaxed peaceful Salaats at that, fool! Youll be more happy with yourself and more productive, which leads to even more contentment Hasheem. Ok Daddy Hasheem, I will.

Salaams till next time

Endnote- Forgot to talk about USA Championship triple jump, meh, word on the street is claye and taylor are going pro, shhhhhhh. I think i coulda pr-ed and hung in there with them 54 low maybe. But we just needa gear up for Puerto Rico now.

No comments:

Post a Comment