I went to the local Farmers Market for the first time today. It was pretty sway. I saw one of my Architecture professors there, and also a couple people I knew. I bought some peppers and fruits, wasn't the cheapest, but still reasonable, and it's good to buy local. I feel like sometimes it's overwhelming to think how insignificant you are and how much you can't help your environment. But I say you have to start with you. That is the only one you can control. So, I am starting there, maybe my influence will grow. I get so mad at some celebrities and stuff because their platform is so big with the potential to really have an effect, but they don't do anything about it sometimes. But who knows, I don't know them, maybe they are.
But the one thing I wish I had done was be able to join the most interesting small talk I had ever heard. Two guys were just casually talking about the very start of the British Empires collapse in like the 1860's. Something about a Sudan conflict, all I could do was listen. I don't even think they knew eachother that well, they were just vibing on their history-ness. I want it! I want to be involved in that, maybe next week I'll see the boys at the market. Haha, that would be cool if my life was like that.
I have found this week that I have changed a bit. Last year I was completely content with just being solitary and only hanging out with people when they contacted me or whatever. But this week has been funny. I have felt lonely-ish. Like I feel like contacting people to hang out even though I have work to do. Just an observation, it's not a good or bad change, it just is.
Endnote - When will I start REALLY blogging? who knows
No comments:
Post a Comment