Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spice

The plural of spouse should be spice.

I feel like I could love almost any sane woman. It may be a character flaw, but it's like once I get engaged in a conversation or anything, it feels like that. Everyone has such a story and perspective (shout out to Ali! lol), so many experiences and thoughts and hopes bundled into one beautiful person. Are we a sum of our experiences, or are we static, just revealing to ourselves who we are via experiences? I feel like there is so much to discover with any old joe off the street. We trick ourselves into thinking we 'know' somebody. When we really don't even know ourselves. You could spend your whole life trying to figure someone out and maybe you finish, but by then your life wasn't lived. So what I'm trying to say is, what is love?

I theorized last week (to myself, lol) that there is no one true love, outwardly. I think you are at the top of your love circle, you have to be your one true love. Sure somebody can compliment you in certain ways, but in an alternate completely different way somebody else could satisfy you equally.

But looking at it from a statistical point of view, 7 billion people on Earth, 3.5 of them womenz. about 1 billion of them of age (being generous), .5 of them single. Maybe 100,000 of them in your country. Maybe 1000 of them you will have an opportunity to run into and have a meaningful relationship. Then of those 1000, only 100 will be to your standard, and after that artifice, only about 20 will be able to satisfy your 'ideal'. What of your love lives in a 100 story slum in Mumbai? What if they are in a farm in Sweden? What if they are only 4 years old now? What if they lived in the 1800's?

The conclusion you could come to in the battle of 'to destiny or not to destiny' would be that destiny does exist. But c'mon? Is that just to quiet your mind and move on with 'life'? I say just be mindful of the probability of meeting a suitable joint, and take the chance.

Endnote - Road Trippin' by RHCP, G song of the week

1 comment:

  1. It would be awesome to know where whoever we end up with ranks on the list of our ideals throughout the world/time haha. So with combination of the fact that we don't live forever and don't meet every other potential spouse we effectively all end up settling. They could seem like the best for us and most fulfilling but it's something we can never know so you're right we gotta give ppl the chance.

    As for love I think some ppl may need to feel loved and truly believe that the other person loves them before they can love themselves. Maybe to validate their good qualities and mean something to someone. For others, loving themselves SHOULD come before loving someone else, because they'll get into a relationship/marriage with someone else and the problems with not loving themselves can have ill effects on the relationship.

    ReplyDelete