Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 26: Off to Puerto Rico

Salaams everyone, reporting live from the Tampa Airport. I give this airport a thumbs up, the Architecture is pretty adequate. I had a very good week of training with Muhammad. I actually beat him in a short triple jump competition yesterday. It was so hype! Well, for a practice session. Me and him commentated in British accents, got the "crowd" involved (there was no crowd). We were trading blows during the whole competition, I would pass him, he would pass me. On his final jump, he beat me by like half a foot. Then, I blew one out there and beat him by a couple inches or so. It was a PR for me at short jumping. Who knows what he would have jumped if he had another one.

I watched a documentary on Muha's Netflix the other night. It was about a bunch of very Christ-loving people having gay children and how they dealt with it and how the gay person dealt with growing up knowing what he was feeling was wrong and he was going to hell and all that. Cool stuff, kinda fell asleep on it though. I think that proves gay-ism isnt a choice. Why would someone choose something they think is wrong and makes them hate their self. Just like I watched a documentary on gay people in Uganda and how they got persecuted and even killed. Nobody would volunteer for that life.

Watched another documentary the next night called "The Union" about weed in British Columbia. It also was about the history of why weed is illegal and how the "man" keeps quiet on the positive scientific evidence of weed, lol. Me personally, I would never smoke, cant cloud my greatness. But I think it should be legalized because it would have to have such a shady undercurrent of people in the trade. Also, it would make hemp available for production, and they said it was one of the most useful plants in the world. I sound like a fan-boy, but the documentary will make you feel that way.

I had a good time in the Washington area. I went "sight-seeing" on Wednesday. I got a disposable camera to take pictures, cuz my phone died, (left my charger in blacksburg). *some guy just came up to me with his fist up and said, "V.I. (nod)" nice.* Anyway, I got drenched walking to the Washington monument, had to get to shelter while keeping up my swag (me and Muhammad are on a mission to dead the word swag). I eventually got to my goal of seeing the Lincoln monument. Daddy hit me up so we could try to meet up. Havent seen him since Thanksgiving '09, so it would have been good. Wasn't able to make that happen. My emotions surprised me and I felt kinda down about that. That really sucks how your mind tells you one thing and your heart does whatever it wants. But I hope to email him and catch-up. I dont want that regret of not trying to have a relationship with him regardless of the past. Just tranna get on my adult swag, lol.

Endnote- Excited about going to the Reggaeton capital of the world!!!!!! Hopefully I will see at least one star. Ill blog when I get back to ATL inshallah!

No comments:

Post a Comment