Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 37: Cupcake Wars

Woke up too late again today, I promise ill get up nice and early and work out tomorrow. The mission of the day was to have our home edition of Cupcake Wars. I was pretty excited because I always brag how i cook all the time and im now a great chef. But there was a plot out to get me. We had 20mins to make the batter for our one cupcake. I had a cinnamon roll theme in mind because of the Cinnabon I had in Puerto Rico (i know thats not a Puerto Rican dish but it was good). So I started out making a Cinnamon/Brown Sugar-ish glaze for the icing. I put chunks of cream cheese and raisins into the cupcake batter, with some errant cinnamon slipping in. I thought I was gonna win outright. But lo and behold, after we put the cupcakes in the oven everyone started decorating. That was apparently an element of the judging. People were designing gifts and Kaaba's and stuff, but i didnt think anything of it. I simply designed a swirl on top of mine with some edible modeling stuff. It looked pretty crappy but I wasnt concerned. And then right when we were about to judge, I finally learn that this was a THEMED competition! The theme was Ramadhan. Therefore, obviously I wasnt going to win. at least I did win in the Taste Category, which was the only thing I was going for, so it was a success from that point of view.

Endnote- I feel like my nieces and nephews have lived life  more than I have, what thee crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment