Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 38: Aunt Nye Comes to Town

Today was a drag kinda. I woke up 3 hrs past when I wanted to, so I didnt work out today, and I kinda need to get back at that for China. Went to the Hispantic (thats how Zahra prefers to say it) mall to watch Thor. I wandered around before hand to find some food since I hadnt eaten all day before. The movie was cool. Not really a movie person, seeing as my favorite movie is the Lion King. Alot of  us hoped he would reject Natalie Portman's character, idk why. Picked up Aunt Nye so her and Mommy and Aunt Halimah can drive to the Cannon family reunion tomorrow. It was nice seeing her again. When I was little, I used to think her and Mommy looked exactly alike except Aunt Nye was darker, lol.

Got home, I learned that a friend of mine divorced. Its crazy yo. You think 2 people are happy and a good fit for eachother, and then there is trouble. Consider me never getting married, jk jk, thats stupid. But I would def make sure I thoroughly know the person before making a lifetime commitment (in this day and age a 5 year commitment). Im trying not to be disillusioned about it, but its hard man. And thats why Im gonna have a house party with like 10-25 people when I get married, no flights from relatives or anything. No presents, no toasts. Just a regular lowkey house party. Now, at the 5-year anniversary, I will go all out and invite the world to have a ceremony on a Puerto Rican beach and then have Wisin Y Yandel perform a concierto afterwards, lol. I just hate seeing so much pageantry for something that might fizzle so quickly. At the 5 year point, you will each be like I LOVE THIS PERSON! or you will be questioning whether to flee or not (because I'm a marriage expert, right?).

Went to volleyball again today. There were a number of people there that I hadn't seen in a while. It was good to see them i guess. I realized today how not special the Berkmar people are. They are just people. No different than the College people, its just ive known them known about them for longer. Not to say they are bad people, but I had gotten into the habit of asking myself why I liked the Berkmar people so much more than the college people. I think its just nostalgia. Now, I do care about a handful of people from highschool, and I have seen all of the ones that I want to that are in town. Some are abroad and some are at school. People are just people man, with usually the same array of desires and hopes, trying to make it in these streets while finding out who they are.

Got home, and asked a bunch of forced deep questions to my nieces and nephews. I dont know why I want to probe these guys for their thoughts and stuff, I guess I just want to know what these kids think about the world at their given age. Sometimes I get some cool answers, mostly its met with resistance, cuz what teen wants to open up in front of everyone like that. Sorry.

Endnote- Attempting to wipe the slate clean before Ramadhan yo, I want this month to really mean something this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment