Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Days 19-22: Family!

The family reunion whizzed by soooo quickly to me. It was really great seeing everyone again. I had been missing my family since the winter and to finally see everyone at once was great and overwhelming, lol. Its good to see the family growing and progressing into its new era of adulthood, family life, marriages and all that. Next generation is already heading into highschool and college!

I really liked the games and activities we had, the food setup was cute with the cups and plates. Mommy put on a seamless show, me and Muhammad and Shauna named her MVP of the get together. We had a whole list of superlatives we thought up riding back to DC. Cramped ride, but it was aight. I liked the topics of discussion at the family meeting. Too bad I totally missed out on the "Career" one. Half missed the jist of the "Selfish" one. I really wanted to get in there and mix it up with the discussions, but I realized I am in turmoil as I told Ruqayyah. She asked me about "New Hasheem/Hasheem 2.0" and I have realized I reached a certain goal for him, but I left behind the good parts I like about Old Hasheem. To sum it up, its straddling being a Lion and a Lamb in different situations. And this turmoil extends out to just my thoughts about everything, lol.

Everything? Yea, id say so. I wanted to jump in those discussions but I really didnt have any stances on anything. I guess Im in an ears open stage right now. Little judgement being passed by me about how anyone thinks. Ive been told I have a good ability to weigh both sides of an issue, but now I feel like thats all I can do, and I cant pick a side. My hope is that eventually I can still be open minded but actually stand for things too. My aim is when I am 28, the age im gonna get married (insider), lol, jk.

No comments:

Post a Comment